Monday, April 28, 2014

DIY - For My Dryer!

It worked and then it didn't... Ugh!

First stop. YouTube (very helpful). We order a part that it could be (the who that's easiest to get to) - replace it with not too much trouble and yet still the dryer doesn't work.

Back to YouTube. Now we read that the part we replaced seldom goes bad. 
The one part that does go bad is the thermal fuse. 
Ugh again. 
It is on the back of the dryer, harder to get to of course.

So we resolve to call the repair shop. 
(actually my husband says to call the "man" - I still want to attempt the DIY project)

Here is where Davis Appliances (here in Charlottesville, VA) comes in. 
Tom tells me it is an $18 part and I can certainly do it myself. 
He will even give me directions. 
So easy he says.

I have picked up the part. It sits on my kitchen counter. 
I will let you know how it goes.

My suggestion: check out Davis Appliance



No comments:

Post a Comment